Monday 28 August 2017

Review-My wife and I (2017)

After Ebere (Omoni Oboli) and Toyosi (Ramsey Nouah) visit Pastor Theophilous (Sey Law) to seek counsel for their marriage, he prays for them and the next day, they wake up in each other's bodies. They are forced to have each other's lives while searching for a way to switch their bodies back. The whole body switch story has been done like a million times but probably not in Nollywood because this is the first I'm seeing and it wasn't bad at all. I was a bit excited to see this film not because of the story, which wasn't anything new, but because of Nouah and Oboli who are two of my favorite Nollywood actors and they both played their roles perfectly. They team up again after starring in Kunle Afolayan's "The Figurine" 10 years ago. 
Almost every Nollywood film I see always has a problem with makeup. Oboli woke up almost every morning with complete makeup on here face. Some of the scenes, especially the ones with Seyi Law were totally unnecessary and I felt like the movie could have been wrapped up in less than an hour 40 minutes. I think they also had a issues with the sound because in a few scenes especially the prayer meeting scene of the second couple looked like someone else and not the characters were talking.
There were a few laughs here and there, but nothing really stood out in the film but the audience seemed to love it because they kept giggling after every scene. Nevertheless, I'm glad Nollywood filmmakers are thinking outside the box and making movies different from what they've been doing, Bunmi Ajakaiye and Chinaza Onuzo deserve credit for that. 

RATING 6/10
DIRECTOR Bunmi Ajakaiye
WRITER Chinaz Onuzo
STARRING Ramsey Nouah, Omoni Oboli, Rachel Oniga, Jemima Osunde, Sambasa Nzeribe, Dorcas Shola Fapson, Dozie Onyeriuka
RUNNING TIME 1hr 40mins
RELEASE DATE August 25, 2017
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website