Tuesday 24 October 2017

Review- Body Language (2017)

Add caption
Body Language follows Nick (Ramsey Nouah), a very mysterious man who comes into the life of a stripper, Tola (Tana Adelana) around the same time a serial killer is murdering people. I'm a huge fan of Nouah and to be honest, I saw this film mostly because he starred in it. There were so many scenes that could have easily been cut out of the movie and at a point, the slow motion became too much. Body Language was filled with so many tiny mistakes that only made the film laughable. After Anita takes her bath to go to bed, there's still a visible amount of makeup on her face. The same goes for Tola, she also went to bed completely made up. I'm still wondering when Nollywood will get this right. In the office scene with Nick, Tola mentioned that she had a fianc� but when they have dinner days later, Nick asks her if she had a boyfriend or fianc�. Body Language was predictable until the point where the killer was revealed. I honestly didn't see that coming and I was shocked and so was the audience because everyone let out gasps. 
Add caption
They wanted so bad to make the audience think Nick was the killer that they literally filmed scenes with him in a hoodie, at the houses of the victims. They wouldn't have shown the supposed killer from head to toe and then hit us with that twist. The dialogue was cliche and sometimes irrelevant to the plot The cast played their roles well and I was really glad to watch Nouah who's one of my favorite Nollywood actors. Body Language had the potentials to be better that it was but it lacked greatly in its execution. If you choose to see this, don't expect anything spectacular.

RATING 5/10
DIRECTOR Moses Inwang
SCREENPLAY Kehinde Joseph
STARRING Ramsey Nouah, Tana Adelana, Ken Erics, Lauretta Richards, Emem Ufot
RUNNING TIME 1hr 30mins
RELEASE DATE October 20, 2017
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website