Thursday 19 October 2017

Review- Catch.er (2017)

Image via filmhouseng.com
Abby Bello is a working class lady and the Vice President of a corporate company and during her anniversary celebration, she gets called into the office by her boss to go through a few errors found in the company's yearly report. When she gets back home, she encounters her colleague, Brume (Blossom Chukwujekwu), her brother Segun (Gbenro Ajibade) and her husband Tony (Alex Ekubo) and before the day ends, Abby is found dead in her home. The police launch an investigation into her death by arresting suspects that had motives for wanting her dead and it becomes a case of "whodunnit". Catch.er boasts of an ensemble cast and they all delivered in their respective roles especially O. C. Ukeje. He has come such a long way after winning the Amstel Malta Box Office in 2006 and I always look forward to seeing any movie he stars in. Alex Ekubo has also improved so much in his acting and I really have to commend him on that. Beverly Naya and and Blossom Chukwujekwu never disappoint so it's no surprise how fantastic they were in Catch.er.  Wofai Fada was a great comic relief and I'm really glad she's getting movie roles. Omowunmi Dada also plays her role as Ese so well, I wish we got more of her. 
Image via Youtube.com
One thing I really loved about this film was the way it was filmed and how they captured so many angles. There were a lot of flashbacks but it flowed really well with the story, although I didn't really like the song that went the murder scene. I wish they picked something that sounded intense. It had a satisfying ending but I wish we got more of the killer to better understand why he committed the crime. It's not a perfect film but the little errors don't change the fact that it was good film that was worth every penny. I'm really glad, that Nollywood filmmakers are breaking the norm and exploring other genres. We need more movies like this in our Cinemas. 


RATING 8/10
GENRE Drama, Crime
DIRECTOR Walter "Waltbagner" Taylaur
BASED ON The Chasing Game by Tunde Apalowo
STARRING OC Ukeje, Alex Ekubo, Beverly Naya, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Tope Tedela, Omowunmi Dada, Wofai Fada
RUNNING TIME 1hr 23mins
RELEASE DATE October 13, 2017
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website