Sunday 17 September 2017

Review- American Assassin (2017)

Poster via imdb.com
Based on the book of the same name by Vince Flynn follows Mitch Rapp (Dylan O'Brien), who becomes a CIA black ops recruit after he tried to murder the people who were responsible for the death of his fianc�. Enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan), he's placed under the tutelage of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton) and they go on a mission in Turkey to stop the dangerous operative "Ghost" (Taylor Kitsch) before he starts a war. American Assassin has a plot that has been done several times with different casts and characters but it works mostly because of the cast who did really good jobs with their roles. Golden Globe winner and Academy Award Nominee Michael Keaton together with Dylan O'Brien (who I think has come a long way from his Teen Wolf days) do a good job bringing their characters to life.
Image via indiewire,com
 I'll confess, I've always had a huge crush on O'Brien and I'm really glad he's getting serious roles. There's just something about him and I'm amazed by how much he has transformed.The cast is very strong and Keaton can do no wrong in my eyes but I really feel O'Brien is the cast member that carries this movie.The thriller is filled with so many clich� moments but I still enjoyed watching. The action is very entertaining and good enough to keep you glued to the screen till the credits roll. I loved the pace and they didn't ruin it by giving us a terrible ending. Instead, they left the viewers wanting more. Mitch Rapp gave me a mini Jason Bourne vibe and regardless of how predictable or unoriginal the story was, I'll definitely purchase a ticket if there's a sequel. Go see American Assassin, it's worth every penny.


RATING 8/10
GENRE Action, Thriller 
DIRECTOR Michael Cuesta
BASED ON American Assassin by Vince Flynn
WRITER Stephen Schiff, Michael Finch, Edward Zwick, Marshall Herskovitz
STARRING Dylan O'Brien, Michael Keaton, Sanaa Lathan, Shiva Negar, Taylor Kitsch
RELEASE DATE September 15, 2017
RUNNING TIME 1hr 50mins
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website