Monday 27 November 2017

Review- Potato Potahto (2017)

Image via Imdb.com
     Directed & written by Ghanian filmmaker, Shirley Frimpong-Manso, Potato Potahto follows the life of divorced couple, Lulu (Joselyn Dumas) and Tony (O.C. Ukeje) who decide to share equal space in their ex-matrimonial home soon after they get a divorce. They discover that the agreement wouldn't be easy to follow as they become competitive and implore different tactics that take the situation from bad to worse. 

   I was excited to see Potato Potahto after seeing the trailer mostly because it starred a few actors that I really liked and I was interested in the story. The plot was nice and a bit different from the regular Rom-coms. Although the story isn't so original, they executed it in an almost perfect way. I loved the characters and the cast did an awesome job by bringing them to life. The set looked nice and the soundtrack was perfect. I also loved the fact that the dialogue wasn't so cliche. No movie is without flaws and Potato Potahto was no different. It was too long and there were a lot of unnecessary scenes that could have been skipped. It seemed like they were intentionally stretching it to make it longer. After about an hour, it got tiring and I kept looking at my watch. Nevertheless, Potato Potahto was very entertaining and worth my time. I enjoyed most of it and you can go ahead and see it while its still showing in the cinemas.

RATING 7.5/10
DIRECTOR Shirley Frimpong-Manso
WRITER Shirley Frimping-Manso
STARRING O.C. Ukeje, Joselyn Dumas, Joke Silva, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Chris Attoh, Blossom Chukwujekwu

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website