Friday 11 August 2017

Review- Hakkunde (2017)

Poster via imdb.com
Hakkunde follows the story of Akande (Kunle Idowu), a long-time unemployed graduate who decides to relocate to Kaduna from Lagos when a job opportunity presents itself. His expectation is however cut short and Akande must make a decision to either learn to survive or return back to failure. I was really looking forward to seeing Idowu aka Frank Donga play a more serious  role and he actually did a very good job with it. I also loved the supporting cast which included Maryam Booth (Binta), Issa Bello (Alhaji Sule) and Raham Sadau (Aisha), they did an amazing job. 
Image via imdb.com
This plot is very original and I like the fact that they tried to focus on the struggles of an unemployed Nigerian graduate, but along the line, I became confused what message they were trying to pass across. Was it unemployment, drug abuse or sickle cell awareness? I also don't understand why Seyi Law and Ali Nuhu are on the film's poster, the former was in one scene while the latter was in two. Another issue I had was with Binta's makeup being so flawless. They are in a village, they should make it believable with makeup that wouldn't be detected or none at all. The movie was filmed in Lagos and Kaduna with most part of the film taking place in Kaduna. The location and the way it was filmed was the best thing about Hakkunde. It'll make the viewer think about visiting Kaduna to explore all the beautiful parts. The beginning scene with Aunty Yewande (Toyin Abraham) and Akande was a bit too long. I felt like they just wanted her to keep talking and it became a bit annoying.
Image via imdb.com
 Towards the end of the film, there was a scene with a group of people dancing on the rooftop of the what seemed like a castle. I felt like this scene was totally unnecessary and just a waste of movie time. I definitely didn't leave the theater excited about the experience because in my opinion, it was just okay. Regardless of all of this, Hakkunde is a good film and I commend Asurf Oluseyi for making a movie that is very different from what we see everyday in the cinema's. 
RATING-7/10
DIRECTOR Asurf Oluseyi
STORY BY Asurf Oluseyi & Gift Imafidon
SCREENPLAY Tomi Adesina
STARRING Kunle Idowu (Frank Donga), Toyin Abraham, Rahama Sadau, Maryam Booth, 
RUNNING TIME 1hr 40mins

I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website