Thursday 26 October 2017

Review- Happy Death Day (2017)


Image via imdb.com
Happy Death Day is about Tree (Jessica Rothe), a typical sorority girl who isn't so nice to a lot of people. On her birthday, she wakes up in the dorm room of the guy she left a party with and before the end of the day, Tree is murdered by a weird person wearing a very creepy baby mask. The day keeps resetting and she keeps getting killed by the same person. It takes a toll on her body and she gets weaker each time. Tree has to find out who her killer is so she could stop the person and live to see a new day. 
Image via imdb.com
I was so hyped about Happy Death Day because Slasher movies can be fun to watch and I'm so glad they didn't disappoint with the content. Jessica Rothe was perfect for this role and I love how her character developed as the movie progressed. You hate her at the beginning but you start to feel really bad for her and wish she would find her killer. Even though the day kept repeating, it never became dull. The phases only got better. Happy Death Day isn't a horror, it's more of a comedy. Although, there were a few scenes that could actually make you gasp and scream. The concept of a protagonist living the same day over and over again has been done a few times, (Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow) but not everyone can get it right and Happy Death Day did. I was not so pleased with who the killer was because it was pretty obvious from the beginning but I was still happy with it. This isn't the best film I've seen this year, but I really enjoyed watching it. There are few times I thought the movie was over but then, the nightmare continued. It's filled with a lot of clich�s but it had a lot of good moments which made for a fun cinema experience.  

RATING 9/10
DIRECTOR Christopher B. Landon
WRITER Scott Lobdell
STARRING Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard, Ruby Modine, 
RELEASE DATE October 20, 2017 (Nigeria)
RUNNING TIME 1hr 36mins
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter HERE and on Instagram HERE. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website