Tuesday 8 August 2017

Review-Girls Trip (2017)

Image via imdb.com
Going into the theater, I knew Girls Trip was going to be good but It was amazing! The plot follows Four lifelong friends who travel to New Orleans for the annual Essence Festival & they rekindle their sisterhood. The trip contained a lot of dancing, drinking, drugs, brawling, hook ups and romance which strengthened their bond. This movie was hilarious from the beginning till the credits rolled. 
Image via comingsoon.net
The cast was fantastic and they fit their roles perfectly, with Dina played by Tiffany Haddish being my favorite. I can't think of anyone who would have killed this role better than she did. It's as if she was born for the role, she delivered every line perfectly. The supporting cast which consisted of Mike Colter, Kofi Siriboe, Larenze Tate and Kate Walsh were also excellent. The major theme of Girls Trip is Friendship and it felt true because of how a lot of people could relate with at least one of the characters. The film was two hours long but I was still very engaged till the end, there was never a dull moment even though one or two scenes were a bit too much and unnecessary. I was really looking forward to the premiere of this movie in Nigeria and I didn't regret seeing it. I laughed so hard and teared up a bit. I honestly wouldn't mind a sequel from Malcolm D. Lee. Go see Girls Trip now if you haven't. 

RATING-10/10
DIRECTOR Malcolm D. Lee
SCREENPLAY Kenya Barris, Tracy Oliver
STORY BY Erica Rivinoja, Kenya Barris, Tracy Oliver
STARRING Regina Hall, Tiffany Haddish, Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett Smith, Larenz Tate, Mike Colter, Kate Walsh
RUNNING TIME 2hrs 2mins
I'd love you guys to follow me on Twitter and Instagram. Feel free to also subscribe to the blog. Thank you for reading.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website