Wednesday 31 May 2017

Prison Break Season Five Finale-"Behind The Eyes"

Image via heavy.com
I'm a HUGE fan of prison break and I was ecstatic when news broke that there was gong to be a reboot. I was so excited to see Wentworth Miller as the iconic Michael Scofield again. When the series began, everything seemed okay but after the first few episodes, it started getting a bit predictable. I knew Sara's husband had something to do with Michael's incarceration in Yemen, it was quite obvious after episode 3. Robert Knepper playing T-Bag was something I looked forward to seeing again simple because he was one of my favorite characters. He was such a sociopathic serial killer and could murder anyone who stood in his way. I always like the bad guys in TV shows because they make everything fun to watch, but T-Bag's story line was no longer important after he takes suspicious pictures of Sarah's husband. And what was that thing with the artificial hand? I felt maybe someone would come out of nowhere and say he gave T-Bag the hand and probably demand something, but N to the O! Nothing of sort happened, it was only Michael trying to be generous because he knew he would need T-Bag's help. 
Image via flickeringmyth.com
 Maybe they would have used all that TV time to at least tell the viewers something about LJ and what he was doing at the moment. We necessarily didn't have to see him. I think this was a big mistake from the writers because it would have taken them nothing more than a minute to mention someone that is very important to Michael and Lincoln. Then they bring up something about T-Bag's son being Whip. How did they even come up with this story line at the end of the show? It was obvious that they were trying to redeem T-Bag's character but it felt really forced. I didn't feel anything when he mourned Whip's death. The entire show felt really rushed and I didn't see the need for the sub plots, like T-Bag's hand and his son. A lot of scenes were unnecessary, but I guess they tried to do as much as they could in 9 episodes.
Image via flickeringmyth.com
With the finale, I didn't feel this rush that usually goes with watching the season (or possibly series) finale of a show. I wish Sucre had more screen time, his character was always very fun to watch. The best part about the finale was Michael's final battle with Poseidon which was very carefully executed. The final scene showed Jacob in Gen Pop at the Fox Penitentiary with no other person but T-Bag as his cell mate. This was absolutely unnecessary. T-Bag was just a pawn in Michael's entire plan. He leaves jail in the beginning after 7 years to deliver the message to Link of Michael being alive and after everything is over he lands back in jail. Why didn't Michael request for him to be let out instead of requesting that they place Jacob in his cell? I'm happy Michael, Lincoln and Sara finally get their happy ending after being on the run for so long but nothing can be as amazing as the first three seasons. Nevertheless, I loved the reboot but it needs to end here, as a reboot. There's no need for another season. But who knows, FOX might have other ideas.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website