Sunday 18 June 2017

Binge Worthy: The Handmaid's Tale Season One Review

Image via imdb.com
The first time I heard about The Handmaids Tale, I wasn't sure it was something I would be interested in seeing but I was encouraged by someone so I gave it a try and it has quickly topped my list for one of the best shows ever created for TV. This Hulu Drama is an adaptation of the 1985 novel of the same name by Margaret Atwood about a dystopian country named Gilead (former United States) ruled by a twisted militaristic totalitarian government. In Gilead, women are not allowed to work or own property. The fertile women are taken to the houses of some of the elites who are not able to have children. The job of these Handmaids is to get pregnant by their commanders. Once they have the child, they are taken to another home and cycle continues. Elizabeth Moss plays Offred, a Handmaid who is trying to survive so she could one day reunite with her daughter who was taken from her. 
Image via imdb.com
This show, which comprises of ten episodes was mind blowing, twisted and gripping. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. I loved the overall tone of the show and how the soundtrack made everything more intense. Elizabeth Moss plays Offred so well, I think she deserves an Emmy. The supporting cast also does an amazing job of making this show worth watching especially Serena Waterford (Yvonne Strahovski), Joseph Fiennes (Fred Waterford), Moira (Samira Wiley) and Janine (Madeline Brewer). I binge watched the entire season in two days and I honestly can't wait for the next season. The Handmaids Tale got everything about adapting a book and it ended on a powerful note. Go see The Handmaids Tale if you haven't and thank me later. 


Randoms 
1. "You're weak, and God will never let you pass down that weakness"- Serena Joy Waterford
2. "As long as my baby is safe, so is yours"- Serena Joy Waterford 
3. "It's their fault, they should have never given us uniforms if they didn't want us to be an army"- June/Offred

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website