Sunday 6 September 2015

'Drishyam' Movie Review (8/10)

I watched the movie at Vue Cinema, Star City, Birmingham on 08-Aug-2015. Apparently this is the 5th remake (first time in Hindi) of the story which was first made in Malayalam. I had read about the broad concept of the movie before watching it.

The movie is about a small time businessman from Goa who is embroiled in a case about the disappearance of Goa's Inspector General (IG) of Police's only son and how he tries to outwit the police.

The script and screenplay are the highlights of the movie. The pace of the movie is good and so is the acting. I felt the casting of Ajay Devgan's elder daughter wasn't appropriate, as she looks 25 plus, although she's supposed to be in high school. The songs are also nothing special.

Overall, it's a watchable and enjoyable film. Although, I felt that it lacked the impact to be a special thriller. Deserving 8/10 for this competent thriller.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website