Saturday 24 June 2017

'Tubelight' Movie Review (8/10)

I watched this movie in the cinema over the first weekend of release. Salman's Eid releases are a mega event in Bollywood and we almost owe it to the megastar to watch his films and I liked the trailer, hence took the plunge. I didn't have high expectations as I'm not a big fan of Kabir Khan's work.

The movie is set in 1960s India against the backdrop of Indo-China war and is about a village simpleton whose beliefs enable him to traverse through a difficult phase in his life.

The casting is pretty good and the movie has high emotional content. The emotion in some of the scenes made me cry tears of sadness and laughter (maybe I'm getting old). Salman's work is quite good and there is generous footage of Chinese actress Zou Zou, who plays one of the main characters in the film. The soundtrack by Pritam is quite ordinary and the second half is a little bit melodramatic. I've never seen Salman cry so much in a film before.

Overall, this is probably director Kabir Khan's best work. This is a competent and honest effort and surpassed my expectations from the film. A solid 8/10 for this flick.


Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website