Wednesday 5 April 2017

Big Little Lies: Season Finale- "You Get What You Need"

Image via vulture.com
When Big Little Lies premiered, I wasn't too excited about the show. I felt it was going to be dull but they proved me wrong. Big Little Lies focuses on motherhood, infidelity, domestic violence and divorce. I've been waiting since the premiere for the big reveal and I was really shocked to find out who was murdered and the identity of Jane's baby daddy.Celeste's husband Perry had beaten her before they left for Trivia Night and she had been making plans to get a new house and divorce him but just before they left the house, he sees her realtors call come into her phone which only means more trouble for her. I initially thought Jane's story wasn't related to any of the main characters but it was not the case. It turns out Perry was the same person that raped her years ago.
Image via themusejezebel.com
 The grand climax the show had been building up to involved all the leading ladies of the show Madeline (Reese Witherspoon), Celeste (Nicole Kidman), Jane (Shailene Woodley), Bonnie (Zo� Kravitz), Renata (Laura Dern) engaged in a combat with Perry (Alexander Skarsg�rd) who was beating up his wife Celeste. Bonnie, who had been watching him through out the night pushed him off Celeste so hard he fell down the stairs and died. This final scene was so deep that all the doubts I had about the show disappeared. This scene was executed perfectly. I still hated the regular interview cutaways, it wasn't relevant to the show and it became really tiring to watch. They didn't go into much detail about what happened after Perry's death but all the ladies were able to lie to the police about what happened. The incident definitely brought the ladies, who were previously at each other's throats together because the final scene shows all the ladies and their kids playing on a beach. 
Image via alwaysmountaintime.com
This show was laced with so much mystery that I couldn't even predict who should die or who the killer would be or how the whole scene would play out. One of my favorite characters was Celeste, Nicole Kidman played this role with so much grace and it felt so real. I'm a little bummed out that Zo� Kravitz's Bonnie didn't get more screen time. This show just goes to say that underneath all the seemingly perfect marriages, big houses and extravagant parties lies dark secrets. I don't think a second season is needed here. What else do they want to show us? They might just ruin the show for a lot of people.  




Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website