Sunday 31 July 2016

'Bambukat' Movie Review (10/10)

I watched the movie at Vue, Starcity Birmingham. It was a four hour (plus) round trip for me (on an admittedly pleasant, mostly sunny day) and well worth the effort. I liked the trailer and had reasonable hopes from the movie.

The movie is mainly about family dynamics with motorcycle (Bambukat) as a central theme. The screenplay is excellent and all the characters are adequately explored. The casting, acting, dialogues and costumes are very good. Human relationships and dynamics are explored in a nuanced way without sensationalising or melodrama, which is a very difficult thing to achieve in a movie.

I was holding back tears on numerous occasions. If I was watching this movie on my own, I would probably have cried my eyes out throughout the second half.

Punjabi films like this one could teach a thing or two to Hindi cinema about emotional content. It is a must watch, especially for people who are familiar with Punjabi culture. 10/10 for this beautiful film.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website