Saturday 19 December 2015

'Bajirao Mastani' Movie Review (8/10)

I watched this movie at The Trafford Centre Odeon, Manchester on the first Saturday of release. I opted for this movie over SRK's Dilwale. I liked the trailer although I did not have very high
expectations from the movie.

The movie is about the legend of Bajirao, the Maratha warrior Prince and the tale of forbidden love involving Mastani, his love interest outside marriage.

The costumes, cinematography and dialogues are high points of the movie. The flow of the movie is good and the acting is competent. The supporting cast is quite strong too. Ranvir does his best, but I don't feel that he has the requisite gravitas yet to carry such a hefty role. As with all Bhansali movies, this one also lacks the emotional depth that the story demands.

Overall, it's a visual treat and a trip to the theatre will do justice to the elaborate and intricate canvas that the film has been created upon. A reasonable 8/10 for this flick.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website