Monday 31 October 2016

'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Movie Review (8/10)

I watched the movie at The Trafford Centre Odeon, Manchester over the first weekend of release as part of my Diwali day out. I liked the music and Karan Johar's direction is quite competent. Hence, in spite of Ranbir and Anushka not being my favourite actors, I took the plunge and had reasonable hopes from the movie.

The movie is about searching for the meaning of love through the lives of a few high society characters living in London, Paris and Vienna. The movie starts pretty abruptly with about 15 minutes of verbal exchanges between Ranbir/Anushka which I found pretty jarring. The movie picks up after about half an hour but never quite hits its stride. The flow of the movie isn't that good.

On the plus side, the acting is pretty competent, especially Aishwarya's casting and character portrayal is excellent. The songs are good and well integrated into the movie and the dialogues are a high point of the movie. There are a few witty scenes and the emotional scenes are effective. It seems like a labour of love from director Karan Johar. As modern love stories go, I liked Rockstar and Tamasha better, but this is also a good effort nonetheless. Overall, I liked it even with its flaws. A competent 8/10 for this flick.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments:

Please Do Not Forget To BookMark"๐ŸŒŸ" My Website. Thanks For Visiting My Website